APEX Surveyors & Engineers

Boundary Surveying For:

  • Topography
  • Existing Sites
  • Locating Utilities
  • New Building Sites
  • Initial Land Ownership
  • Retracement (more complex)
  • Commercial & Residential Property


Property Surveys For:

  • Flood Zone Areas
  • Elevation Levels & Certifications
  • Issue a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA)

Elevation Surveys and Flood Surveys

We offer elevation and flood surveys for home and business owners living in southern Michigan. If you live in an area where occasional flooding or even frequent flooding occurs, you are probably among those who pay extra for flood insurance. However, if you live in an area where flooding hasn’t taken place in many years, and you believe your home is a very low risk, you should call APEX Land Surveyors out of Linwood, MI.


We can provide you with a free estimate of our elevation and flood surveys based off of a few questions. Our company is certified and licensed by the State of Michigan and we’re able to issue an Elevation Certificate or Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) for your insurance company based on our findings. This certificate is important because it can either place your home in a flood zone, in turn requiring you to purchase flood insurance. Or it could deem your house out of the flood zone, in which you would now be able to cancel any flood insurance you previously had.


It’s our job to provide you with prompt and courteous service along with proving what your land and home should be classified under. We have the certifications, experience and knowledge of how to move forward with elevation and flood surveys. Our Land Surveyors follow the proper procedures and protocols to get the job done correctly. Your safety is a top concern for us, so you can be rest assured we will deliver exacting results.

APEX Surveyors & Engineers

National Flood Insurance Program Elevation Certificate and Instructions


The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Elevation Certificate (EC) is an administrative tool of the NFIP which is to be used to provide elevation information necessary to ensure compliance with to community floodplain management ordinances, to determine the proper insurance premium rate, or support a request for a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA).



For information on the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), and on obtaining an Elevation Certificate (EC), please take a look at the FEMA website here:

FEMA Website – Info about NFIP, and EC acquisition